Monday, July 24, 2006

Scotian Glen Camp





On July 17-21, I went to Scotian Glen Camp as a volunteer counselor. It was a great week! I met some great new people and I had a chance to spend some time with old friends who I hadn't seen in a while. Jen Rowsell was there (a good friend from St. John's, NL) and Heather Fudge was there (also a good friend from St. John's, NL). One of my youth also works at the camp so it was awesome to spend some time with her. Actually we counselled together so we had lots of time to chat. It was great to minister to kids again in a camp setting and create friendships with them. I loved my girls and they are going to be missed. Here are some pictures that I took. I hope you enjoy!

To the left are two of my campers. Whitley and Amber. They were my frisbee buddies.

In the other picture, my good friend Melissa Wells (ha ha love the name) was feeding me. It was feed the counselor breakfast. I was the baby and she was the mommy. It was fun... but I got really dirty... with milk and ketchup! Wow, now I know how a baby feels! lol.

This picture is of me and Daisy Wells (again... love the name haha) and we also counselled together. Me, Jackie, Daisy, Melissa and another good friend Beth-Ann were all counsellors of one cabin. It was awesome!


Then on Saturday me and some more friends went to Jungle Jims for supper. Oh my word... I have missed Jungle Jims. And yes, for those of you who know me well, I did have a virgin Strawberry Dacori and it was really good. I gotta tell a quick story... and if you go to Jen Rowsells blog you'll probably read the same story. It was REALLY funny and I feel like a dork but hey, I made everyone laugh so it was worth it.

We were sitting and taking pictures and Jen Rowsell wanted to get a group picture. I wanted to as well so I grabbed my camera and took a picture of us except when I took the picture, I held the camera the wrong way and took a picture of a menu on the opposite side. Jen, on the other hand, took a picture of us while I was laughing extremely hard at what I had done. So, if you want to see that picture you'll have to visit her blog, but here are the after pictures of my silly accident... someone else grabbed my camera (I think it was Beth-Ann) and took pictures while I was keeling over with laughter and finding it very difficult to breath...lol. It was great!



3 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

hey dana
Yeah i was in europe for 5 weeks travelling with my dad and my 2 sibling. it was good and fun. it is good to be home now though. we went to five countries in 5 weeks. italy,luxerburg,germany,holland and the czech republic. it is good to hear from you.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for camp fun! I actually haven't written about the incident yet. Gasp! My life is moving too quickly right now!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Sween said...

Ahh, pictures of the cafeteria at Scotian Glan Camp, It's been 6 years since I was there and the curtains are the same

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home